Monday, March 30, 2015

Jing-A-Ling

One of the requirements for my 7510 class was to create a PowerPoint presentation. The presentation had to teach the main points of a topic learned in class that would be most useful to a digital-age leader. Not only was I required to teach the points, but I had to SELL my classmates on its importance and usefulness. I have to admit that this assignment confused me for over a week. I'm pretty good with PowerPoint, but it took awhile to figure out exactly what was expected from me. Once I created the PowerPoint, I then needed to attack the monster that they call Jing. I have never heard of the software, so aside from having difficulties signing up, I had no clue how to use it. As I was creating login credentials, the voice-over app on my computer turned on unexpectedly. I had never used voice-over either, so I thought it was part of the Jing program. I tried to exit from voice-over several times. I was unsuccessful, so I restarted the computer three times. Finally, after many unsuccessful attempts, I found voice-over and disabled the app. I was very relieved. At this point, I still didn't know how to use Jing, so I decided to find a YouTube video that explained the process. Thankfully, the video was very informative. After gaining understanding, I recorded my presentation and actually had fun. I can visualize this program being very useful for student projects in the classroom. I teach in an elementary setting, so I feel that Jing might be somewhat complicated for young students. But from the middle school grades up through high school, students would find much success and confidence using this program.

SCREENCAST PRESENTATION

No comments:

Post a Comment